Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Skinny...

So, While I was on the sugar detox, I lost a grand total of 9lbs and 12inches.  Yayyyy me!  That's awesome because I wasn't even doing it to lose weight.  I feel empowered.  Yesterday was my first official day back on my regular diet.  I had a can of iced tea, about a cup of potato salad and half of a roll.  (That's not all I had to eat! LOL  That's all I had that contained sugar.)  And let us not forget about the 6 mini vanilla creme puffs I ate at the BBQ last night!
That's lightweight compared to the amount of sugar I used to consume daily.  I was thinking last night and I decided that I am going to give up white bread, pasta and potatoes indefinitely.  When I was eating the potato salad last night, I felt weird, like I shouldn't be eating it.  It will be tough because I am definitely a bread girl.
I also decided that I am giving up soda.  I really crave the carbonation at times but I found a great recipe for sparkling lemonade which uses sparkling water.  It has enough of a fizz for me...I hope!  LOL  I will keep you updated.
I promise to keep blogging throughout the summer while I am off.  Once I begin teaching and go back to finish grad school in September, I can make no promises.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

d... found your blog through lilus... congrats! I'd heard wind of you doing this crazy thing, and I'm so psyched for you that you made it and were so successful! WOO HOO!! I think I would have to go into a forced coma to get off sugar... but hey, for now, you're my role model!

Jennifer said...

I proud of you for making it through a week. Hey you never called me back you bumm. I sat by the phone waiting patiently ( not really, but it sounded good) Thanks for your help the other day. I think you have made some great choices.